Junior High Opportunities in the Junior Conservatory
(Grades 6 - 8)
The Conservatory Program for junior high students in grades 6 - 8 is called the Junior Conservatory.
1. Electives - A variety of music, dance, theatre and visual arts classes to choose from and explore. These include performance opportunities in the school theatres, The California Theatre, Festival of the Arts, and the Annual Student Art Show.
- Alpha Band, Cadet Band, Advanced Band, Quest Band, Studio Jazz Band
- Alpha Percussion Ensemble, Quest Percussion Ensemble
- Cadet Strings, Advanced Strings
- Quest Choir
- Drama I and Drama II
- Dance Fundamentals and Dance Workshop
- Clay and Ceramics
2. On-campus private lessons are available after school. Contact Mary Creel in the Conservatory Skyway Campus office for more information.
- Brass (Trombone, Trumpet, French Horn, Tuba)
- Woodwinds (Flute, Piccolo, Clarinet, Saxophone, Bassoon, Oboe)
- Strings (Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass)
- Drums and Percussion (kit and orchestral)